This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
THE NICHOLS MEMORIAL COTTAGE OF THE NEW YORK HOSPITAL
The governors of the Society of the New York Hospital announce the recent completion at 121 Westchester Avenue, White Plains, N. Y., of the Nichols Memorial Cottage, in memory of Dr. Charles H. Nichols, attending physician from 1849 to 1852, and medical superintendent from 1877 to 1889.Designed and equipped to care for twenty disturbed women patients, the one story building of brick, concrete and steel construction consists of two wings at right angles to each other, with the extreme ends of the wings connected by enclosed passages, the entire construction forming an enclosed quadrangle for outdoor recreation.There are fourteen single bedrooms and one dormitory of six beds, two sitting rooms for patients and two visiting rooms. Unusually adequate provisions for the safety, comfort and recreation of disturbed patients have been provided.It is felt that the building combines the
News and Comment. Arch NeurPsych. 1941;45(4):703. doi:10.1001/archneurpsyc.1941.02280160135011