[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Other
August 1946

News and Comment

Arch NeurPsych. 1946;56(2):222. doi:10.1001/archneurpsyc.1946.02300190092008

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

NEUROPSYCHIATRIC INSTITUTE AT THE MEDICAL COLLEGE OF ALABAMA  A neuropsychiatric institute has been created at the Medical College of Alabama and will be located in the school's teaching hospital, the Jefferson and Hillman hospitals, which will house on one floor the newly formed department of neurosurgery, neurology and psychiatry and all patients of the institute. Diagnostic, therapeutic; research and teaching services of the institute will be available to members of the medical profession at large.This neuropsychiatric institute has been made possible by the Walter Haynes Foundation, which will subsidize study and research, in addition to the activities of the institute.The staff of the institute is the same as that of the newly created department of neurology, neurosurgery and psychiatry: Walter G. Haynes, M.D., professor and chairman (neurosurgery), director of the Institute; Frank A. Kay, M.D., associate professor (psychiatry); Wilmot S. Littlejohn, M.D., associate professor (neurology); Donald Ramsdell, Ph.D.,

×