This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
Animal House Planned
The advisory committee on architectural design of the U. S. Treasury Department has approved a plan for a scientific animal house to be erected for the National Institute of Health on a forty-five acre farm near Bethesda, Md. This site will be developed into an experimental station for the institute under an appropriation of $100,000, which has been available for some time. The farm was donated by Luke Wilson, retired business man, formerly of Evanston, Ill., from a part of his estate, Tree Tops, on the Rockville pike north of Bethesda.
Memorial to Colonel Hoff
A fountain erected in the circle opposite the main entrance to Walter Reed Hospital, Washington, D. C., was dedicated, October 25, as a memorial to Col. John Van Rensselaer Hoff, medical corps, U. S. Army, who died in 1920. Colonel Hoff was graduated from Albany Medical College in 1871 and from the
Government Services. JAMA. 1935;105(18):1443. doi:10.1001/jama.1935.02760440053020