This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
At a meeting held Feb. 3, 1905, the Board of Trustees of the American Medical Association created by resolution an advisory board to be known as the Council on Pharmacy and Chemistry. The organization of this council was perfected at Pittsburgh on February 11 of that year. Thus, in the coming week the Council on Pharmacy and Chemistry passes the twenty-fifth year of its organization and continues, in a second quarter century, one of the most notable works for scientific medicine ever accomplished by any organized group. It is significant that several of the original members of the body have maintained their connection since its inception and that the secretary, W. A. Puckner, has rendered continuous service as a full-time officer for the body from the very first.
In the preliminary announcement of the purposes of the Council, it was set forth that its immediate purpose would be to examine
THE COUNCIL ON PHARMACY AND CHEMISTRY: A TWENTY-FIFTH ANNIVERSARY. JAMA. 1930;94(6):413–414. doi:10.1001/jama.1930.02710320039012