This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The International Congress of Military Medicine and Pharmacy
The Third International Congress of Military Medicine and Pharmacy has just closed a successful meeting in Paris (April 20-25). The number attending exceeded 2,500, which is appreciably more than attended the two preceding congresses. The congress is the outgrowth of the interallied surgical conferences held every month in Paris during the war. The congress that has just closed, at which forty nations were represented and to which thirty-five nations sent official delegates, was presided over by Medical Inspector General Vincent, to whom the French army is indebted for the introduction of antityphoid vaccination. The vice presidents were Dr. Tuffier, consulting surgeon to the army, and the director general de Wibin and Della Valle, the chairmen of the first two congresses, respectively. The opening session was held with great ceremony in the large amphitheater of the University of Paris, in the presence of
PARIS. JAMA. 1925;84(20):1509-1510. doi:10.1001/jama.1925.02660460045023