[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
June 7, 1924

BERLIN

JAMA. 1924;82(23):1878-1879. doi:10.1001/jama.1924.02650490052026

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

The Present Organization of the Public Health Service of Greater Berlin  The public health service of Greater Berlin was reorganized in January, 1924, on the following basis: The chief public health office is under the direction of the city health commissioner (Stadtmedizinalrat). He is assisted by a medical director, in the chief public health office, for general and personal affairs and matters concerning the general hospitals, five medical departmental directors for the chemical institute, the hygienic-bacteriologic institute, for the hospitals and institutions for the insane, for the social hygiene and for the emergency service. The director and the departmental directors are further assisted by scientific investigators. The public health office has also a legal and an industrial expert. The various districts into which Greater Berlin is divided (Charlottenburg, Schöneberg, etc.) have district public health offices, directed by municipal health officers from the head office. Subdivisions of the public health service

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×