This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
Institute for Histology and Embryology
The new building of the institute for histology and embryology was opened, April 16, at the Czech Medical Faculty of Prague. In the same building the institute for pharmacology and pharmacognosy will be located. The increasing number of both native and foreign medical students has made it imperative to increase teaching facilities. The construction of the institute was started in June, 1923. The institute for embryology and histology is divided into two parts: one for teaching and one for research. The students' part of the building contains the J. E. Purkinje amphitheater, with 331 seats. Each seat has a small electric lamp which can be used when the amphitheater has been darkened for projections. The Prenant lecture room for eighty students, a seminar room for thirty-four students, an examining room and two laboratories for microscopy, each containing seventy-five seats, complete the teaching part of the
PRAGUE. JAMA. 1926;86(22):1711. doi:10.1001/jama.1926.02670480041021