This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
(Physicians will confer a favor by sending for this department items of news of more or less general interest: such as relate to society activities, new hospitals, education, public health, etc.)
—New clinical and research laboratories at Mount Zion Hospital, San Francisco, were formally opened, January 23. Dr. Leo Buerger gave an address on "Thrombo-Angiitis Obliterans." The director of the research institute and clinical laboratories is Dr. Frederick Eberson, assistant professor of medicine at the University of California Medical School. A new department of pathology has been established under the direction of Dr. Glanville Y. Rusk, professor of pathology, University of California.—The cornerstone of the new Los Angeles County General Hospital was laid, Dec. 7, 1930 (The Journal, June 4, 1927, p. 1817).
—The eighty-fourth semiannual meeting of the Southern California Medical Association will be held in the Hotel Del Coronado, Coronado Beach, April 10-11.
Medical News. JAMA. 1931;96(13):1090-1093. doi:10.1001/jama.1931.02720390100014