This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
THE FINNEY GENERAL HOSPITAL
The Finney General Hospital was formally opened for patients on June 16 after having been activated on April 20. The hospital, located at Thomasville, Ga., has a setting of the Old South with brick pillars and a white wooden fence at the main entrance. A 1/4 mile driveway leads through yellow pines to the Headquarters Building with its white columns and flanked by evergreens and boxwood. Throughout the spacious grounds are found numerous dogwood trees, crape myrtle and pine.This 1,800 bed hospital is of the cantonment type. The officers' quarters, barracks and warehouses are composed of hollow tile, while the wards and connecting corridors are of gypsum board.The commanding officer is Col. Samuel M. Browne of Anderson, S. C., and the executive officer is Lieut. Col. James T. McGibony of Greensboro, Ga. Colonel Browne has been in the Army Medical Corps for
MEDICINE AND THE WAR. JAMA. 1943;122(14):953-957. doi:10.1001/jama.1943.02840310045016