This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
DEDICATION OF WOODROW WILSON GENERAL HOSPITAL
The U. S. Army Woodrow Wilson General Hospital at Staunton, Va., was formally dedicated on September 1. Among the speakers on the program were Major Gen. Norman T. Kirk, Surgeon General of the Army; Major Gen. Milton A. Reckord, commanding general of the Third Service Command, and Hon. Major A. Willis Robertson, Member of Congress of the Seventh Virginia District. The 1,500 bed hospital, which was named in honor of Staunton's distinguished son Thomas Woodrow Wilson, the twenty-eighth President of the United States, is of brick construction and is located in the Shenandoah Valley, about 6 miles east of Staunton.The professional staff at the time of the dedication was as follows:
Col. Sidney L. Chappell, commanding officer.Col. Leonard D. Heaton, assistant post commander.
Col. John Minor,
MEDICINE AND THE WAR. JAMA. 1943;123(3):154–157. doi:10.1001/jama.1943.02840380030013