[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 54.204.247.205. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Other Articles
April 20, 1946

MEDICINE AND THE WAR

JAMA. 1946;130(16):1166-1170. doi:10.1001/jama.1946.02870160112014

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

ARMY 

ARMY TO SET UP ARTIFICIAL LIMB SHOP IN PHILIPPINES  An orthopedic team of four officers, sixteen enlisted personnel and two civilians recently left for the Philippines to set up an artificial limb shop to fill the needs of the U. S. Army's Filipino amputees. The limb shop will provide facilities for training Filipino personnel in the manufacture of artificial limbs, in addition to supplying amputees' requirements. When the Filipinos are considered sufficiently skilled, the shop will be turned over to them for operation.Capt. John J. Keys, former chief of the orthopedic limb shop at McCloskey General Hospital, Temple, Texas, will head the team. The new artificial limb center will be located at Manaluyong, about 5 1/2 miles from Manila. The twofold purpose of establishing an organized artificial limb shop and instructing the Filipinos in the technic of limb

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×