December 11, 1954


JAMA. 1954;156(15):1406. doi:10.1001/jama.1954.02950150028013

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.


The Woman's Auxiliary to the American Medical Association was organized in 1922 to assist the American Medical Association in its program for the advancement of medicine and public health, to coordinate and advise concerning the activities of constituent auxiliaries, and to cultivate friendly relations and promote mutual understanding among physicians' families. Its membership consists primarily of the wives of physicians. Each year it adopts a slogan, and that for the 1954-1955 season is "Leadership in Community Health."

The program of the Woman's Auxiliary for its nearly 68,000 members this season will stress (1) greater familiarity with the various functions, departments, and services of the American Medical Association; (2) a family physician for every physician's family; (3) community health audits; (4) safety programs; (5) improvement of maternal and child care; (6) combating juvenile delinquency; (7) promotion of mental hygiene; (8) study of the problems of aging; (9) the need for nurse

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview