Other Articles
August 31, 1940


JAMA. 1940;115(9):701-708. doi:10.1001/jama.1940.02810350045010

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.



Little Rock 

University of Arkansas School of Medicine, 1209 McAlmont Street.—  Organized in 1879 as the Medical Department of Arkansas Industrial University. Present title in 1899. In 1911 the College of Physicians and Surgeons united with it and it became an integral part of the University of Arkansas. The first class was graduated in 1880. Clinical teaching was suspended in 1918 but resumed in 1923. Coeducational since organization. The faculty consists of 29 professors and 102 lecturers and assistants, total 131. The curriculum covers four years of nine months each. Entrance requirements are two years of collegiate work. The B.S. degree in medicine is conferred at the end of the second year. The fees for the four years for residents of Arkansas are $280; nonresidents are charged $225 additional each year. The registration for 1939-1940 was 278; graduates, 63. The next session begins Sept. 25, 1940, and ends June

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview