International Scientific Symposium.
—An important international scientific symposium, the first since the end of World War II, was held during the past weeks in the Siculorum Gymnasium, which today is the University of Catania. Speakers were W. H. Schopfer (director of the Institute of Botany and Biology of the University of Bern), C. Lian (director of the medical clinic of the Hôpital de la Pitié of Paris), J. Courtois (director of the Institute of Pharmacology of the University of Paris), A. Gigon (director of the medical clinic of the University of Basel), and C. Jiménez-Diaz (director of the medical clinic of the University of Madrid). Among the Italians attending were L. Condorelli (dean of the faculty of medicine of the University of Catania), P. Di Mattei (faculty of medicine of the University of Rome), and G. C. Pupilli (director of the Institute of Human Physiology of the University of Bologna).
ITALY. JAMA. 1951;147(4):338–339. doi:10.1001/jama.1951.03670210050017