Gift for Children's Wing at Medical Center.—
A gift of 1.5 million dollars for construction of a new children's wing of the University of California Medical Center, Los Angeles, has been presented by Marion Davies, former screen star. The new four-to-six-story construction will be a southeast wing of the medical center extending from the present outpatient department. Dr. John M. Adams, chairman, pediatrics department, will direct activities in the new wing. The first floor will house the Children's Clinic which Miss Davies established in 1933, and in 1952 the university School of Medicine assumed its operation.
The Los Angeles Surgical Society has announced the election of Dr. O. Dale Lloyd as president and Dr. James F. Regan as secretarytreasurer, for 1958.—The San Francisco Medical Society has installed the following officers: Drs. Claude P. Callaway, president-elect; Robert C. Combs, president; Dorothy P. Danno, vice-president; Roberta F. Fenlon, secretary;
MEDICAL NEWS. JAMA. 1958;166(9):1058-1064. doi:10.1001/jama.1958.02990090066017