[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 54.167.149.128. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
August 23, 1958

GOVERNMENT SERVICES

JAMA. 1958;167(17):2098. doi:10.1001/jama.1958.02990340058013

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

ATOMIC ENERGY COMMISSION 

Atoms-for-Peace.—  The Atomic Energy Commission has made a grant to the Greek Atomic Energy Commission of a nuclear engineering laboratory to be used in the peaceful applications of atomic energy. The grant of about $127,000 is part of a program under Atoms-for-Peace to provide essential equipment for nuclear research and training in friendly nations. The main feature of the laboratory will be a subcritical assembly, including a stainless steel tank, complete lattice assembly, source holder, handling tools, base leveling mechanism, and supporting structures. Fuel for the assembly will consist of 2,500 kg. of canned natural uranium slugs. The fuel transfer to Greece will be arranged under the terms of the existing U. S.-Greek Agreement for Cooperation. The nuclear engineering laboratory will be installed at the new "Democritus" Nuclear Center, near Athens, where the first research reactor in Greece presently is being built. In addition to the subcritical

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×