This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
Newport, R. I., Feb. 13, 1908.
To the Editor:
—As I have been unable to find any record of a similar ease in the literature the following report of poisoning by eggs may be of interest:My son, aged 2 years and 8 months, is a strong child, in perfect health except for a slight tendency to eczema. He took about half a teaspoonful of the top of the froth of an egg which had been beaten up with some sugar and orange juice. Within a minute and a half he began to vomit and sneeze violently. His face was congested, lips bluish, pupils small, conjunctivæ congested, pulse of good quality but rapid. He complained of itching, especially in the hands and wrists. After swallowing a quantity of water he promptly rejected it, and after taking more rejected that, which, however, washed his stomach out. He then fell into a
Anderson AJ. Poisoning by Eggs.. JAMA. 1908;L(10):785. doi:10.1001/jama.1908.02530360047015