This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
—The Piedmont Sanitarium, Atlanta, established by Drs. Floyd W. McRae and Ludwig Amster, has been purchased by Drs. Amster, E. Bates Block and Michael Hoke for $24,000. Plans are being made for extensive improvements and the erection of new buildings. Dr. McRae will continue his connection with the sanitarium.
Medical Schools Open.
—The Atlanta School of Medicine opened its annual session September 22, at which addresses were given by the governor and by Rev. C. R. Wilmer, D.D. —The Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, opened for its annual session October 1.—The fifty-fourth session of Atlanta College of Physicians and Surgeons commenced September 23.
—Dr. Willis B. Jones has succeeded Dr. William P. Nicholson as attending physician on the staff of the Grady Hospital, Atlanta.—Dr. Maury M. Stapler, Macon, has been appointed surgeon for the Georgia Southern & Florida Railway.—Dr. Thomas H. Hall, Macon, has been elected
Medical News. JAMA. 1908;LI(16):1340-1346. doi:10.1001/jama.1908.02540160050011