This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The Board of Regents of the University of Minnesota has established a Medical Department in connection with the University. The department is located at Minneapolis. It is to be a high-grade school, embracing the main features of the Medical Department of the Northwestern University, Harvard, the University of Michigan, and the University of Pennsylvania. This action of the Board does not increase the number of schools in Minnesota but, upon the contrary, reduces the number. The Minnesota Hospital College and the St. Paul Medical College have ceased to exist, and a portion of the Faculty of each school are elected to positions in the new school. This action on the part of the Board is largely in response to the wishes of the profession of the State for a high-grade school in connection with the University, with a Faculty in sympathy with higher medical education, and working in harmony with
UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA.. JAMA. 1888;X(22):688–689. doi:10.1001/jama.1888.02400480020006