1. No milk shall be used for pasteurization which comes from a dairy scoring less than 55 on the Department of Agriculture score-card, which has been scored by an official inspector.
2. The milk must have been kept cool (below 50 F.) from the time it leaves the dairy to the time it reaches the pasteurization plant and shall be kept below 50 F. at the plant up to the actual time of pasteurization.
3. The "flash process" for pasteurization is to be condemned.
4. The "holding process" shall be the only process recognized as efficient. The milk must be held for twenty minutes at 145 F., or for five minutes at 160 F.
5. The heated milk must be cooled immediately after the period of holding has elapsed to 50 F. or below.
6. Automatic temperature devices recording the exact temperature in the pasteurizing machine during the process are
Jordan EO, Heinemann PG. REPORT OF COMMITTEE ON REGULATIONS FOR THE PASTEURIZATION OF MILK. JAMA. 1911;LVII(12):975-976. doi:10.1001/jama.1911.04260090197012