[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 54.197.75.176. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
October 17, 1903

Glinical Report.

JAMA. 1903;XLI(16):967. doi:10.1001/jama.1903.02490350023003

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

A CASE OF ACCIDENTAL ELECTROCUTION  FROM ORDINARY ONE HUNDRED VOLT ALTERNATING LIGHTING CURRENT.C. VAN ZWALUWENBURG, M.D.RIVERSIDE, CAL.To those who study the effects on the system of electric currents the following record of death from an alternating lighting current of only 100 volts may be of interest:S., a carpenter, well built, stocky, about 5 feet 9 inches, weighing about 165 pounds, was at work repairing a building in Riverside, Cal., about 2 o'clock p. m., Aug. 11, 1903. The building, a two-story block with flat tin roof, had been scorched by fire April 22, 1903. S., with two companions, was making repairs in the attic immediately under the roof in a space only about 4 feet high, between ceiling and roof joist. He was perspiring very freely—the temperature there must have been about 100 F., with no air stirring. As he crouched on his knees and reached

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×