This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
It is the general opinion of all who have had the pleasure of seeing them—and this includes the visitors to the memorable Boston session of the American Medical Association—that the new buildings of the Harvard Medical School are the most beautiful academic or public buildings in America. It is pleasant to note that, in their construction, usefulness for the varied purposes of a great medical school has not in any way been sacrificed in order to have architectural beauty and distinction. The architects have succeeded admirably in combining perfection from the utilitarian as well as from the architectural point of view. As is reported in detail in this issue,1 these buildings have now been dedicated with appropriate ceremonies to the purpose for which they were designed and they are now in use for the education of medical students and for medical investigation. Medicine has received a large addition to
THE NEW BUILDINGS OF THE HARVARD MEDICAL SCHOOL.. JAMA. 1906;XLVII(14):1100-1101. doi:10.1001/jama.1906.02520140036007