[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 184.73.122.162. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
October 15, 1904

THE OHIO HOSPITAL FOR EPILEPTICS.

JAMA. 1904;XLIII(16):1151-1152. doi:10.1001/jama.1904.02500160053012

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

The thirteenth annual report of the Ohio Hospital for Epileptics is just out, and contains matter of general interest. Under the present superintendent the institution has progressed along several lines, as indicated by the report of the board of trustees. The original institution, while prettily situated in the valley of the Ohio River at Gallipolis, was little better from an architectural and institutional point of view than a series of unlovely barracks, closely grouped, of severe lines and cheerless. The so-called "cottages" were designed for from fifty to seventy-five patients each, admitted of little or no clinical segregation of cases, and were much too large for discipline. In fact, the original plan of the institution apparently was the creating of a special almshouse for the housing of the state's epileptics. Numerous small cottages are being built on modern lines, admirably adapted to the care, treatment and study of differing stages

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×