This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
—St. Joseph's Hospital, Elgin, was dedicated with solemn ceremony by Archbishop Quigley, December 13.
—Dr. Charles B. Johnson, Champaign, whose term of office ends December 31, will be succeeded by Dr. Ralph E. Niedringhaus of Granite City.—Dr. Benjamin F. Elfrink, Chenoa, who has been ill with septicemia, has been taken to Chicago for hospital care.
The Ottawa Tent Colony.
—Dr. J. W. Pettit has issued a leaflet giving a brief report of the results obtained in the Ottawa Tent Colony established by the Illinois State Medical Society for the treatment of tuberculosis, not for gain nor as a charity, but on as nearly a self-supporting basis as practicable. The total admissions thus far have been 59, of which 24 were advanced cases. Of these 6 improved, 3 are convalescent and several are still under treatment. The incipient cases all made remarkable improvement from the inauguration of
Medical News.. JAMA. 1904;XLIII(25):1877-1882. doi:10.1001/jama.1904.02500250047015