This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The Kalamazoo Academy of Medicine of Kalamazoo, Mich., met in annual session in their rooms Jan. 4, 1898. The Society's rooms are in the Public Library Building, a gift to the city of Kalamazoo by Dr. E. H. Van Deusen, a member of the Academy, and as a meeting place for a medical society, will compare favorably with the rooms of any similar organization in any of the metropolitan cities. There were eighty-six members present at the afternoon session. The report of the secretary showed 105 active and 18 corresponding members and 1 honorary member. The treasurer's report showed a good working balance. In the afternoon the following papers were read by the writers: "The Newer Surgery of the Radical Cure of Hernia," by Dr. E. Wyllis Andrews of Chicago; "Toxic Amblyopia," by Dr. Fleming Carrow of Ann Arbor; "The Regular Profession of Medicine," by Dr. W. H. Haughey of
SOCIETY NEWS.. JAMA. 1898;XXX(5):276–277. doi:10.1001/jama.1898.02440570044021