This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The dedication of the Hunt Memorial Society Hall at Hartford, Conn., was the occasion of more than local interest. Dr. Hunt had been a leading physician for nearly half a century, and his family, to commemorate his name, offered the local medical society a building for a library, museum, laboratory and lecture room. The society purchased the ground and a thirty thousand dollar building has been erected for this purpose. The dedication was marked by a notable address from President Gillman of Johns Hopkins University of Baltimore. The building is especially adapted for social and scientific work. Large cosy parlors and sitting rooms, with a kitchen and dining room, after the fashion of a modern club are provided. Other rooms are fitted for laboratory and chemic research and the foundation of a large library has already begun. Rooms for research, writing and consultation of books and periodicals are large and
THE HUNT MEMORIAL.. JAMA. 1898;XXX(7):384. doi:10.1001/jama.1898.02440590044008