This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The new institute, which is designed to be under the direction of Dr. Koch, at Berlin, was only opened August 17, and the first six patients were brought in that same evening. Professor Brieger has been appointed over the clinical department, and Dr. Pfeiffer over the scientific laboratory. Dr. Behring is among the assistants. The nursing has been assigned to the Brandenburg Sisterhood, a body ignoring all sectarian distinctions.
THE INFECTIOUS DISEASES INSTITUTE AT BERLIN.. JAMA. 1891;XVII(13):493. doi:10.1001/jama.1891.02410910033011