This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
—On February 4 the dedication of the Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital took place with suitable religious and historical addresses. Drs. Forbes and Pancoast were present from Philadelphia as representatives of the medical profession of a city that exerted itself nobly to mitigate the sufferings caused by one of the most disastrous calamities of modern times. After the ceremonial of presenting the new hospital to the Board of Citizen Trustees, an inspection of the building was made by the visitors. The cost of construction and furnishing has been defrayed by the State Flood Commission, and amounted to over $65,000. This expenditure forms a fitting close to the work of the Commission, which was entrusted with the disposal of not less than $3,750,000 for the relief of the desolated valley.
A Memorial Hospital at Johnstown, Pa.. JAMA. 1892;XVIII(8):241. doi:10.1001/jama.1892.02411120029011