This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
In May, 1888, the New York Mothers' Home Maternity Hospital began its work in this city. It is located at 531 East 86th St., in a large double house containing thirty rooms. This building has been completely renovated and very particular attention was given to the plumbing, it being entirely renewed. The institution also includes within its grounds 525 E. 86th St., a three story frame house of ten large rooms. These buildings, however, are simply for temporary use, as the erection of a wing to the large new hospital has been started; the size of this wing is 65 by 140 feet, and it will be five stories high. The class of patients received are as a rule the poor and unfortunate, and no discrimination is made in regard to religion, color or nationality. Extreme cleanliness is the rule throughout the whole institution, an important part of which is
McGILLICUDDY TJ. NOTES ON SOME INTERESTING CASES AT THE NEW YORK MOTHERS' HOME MATERNITY HOSPITAL.. JAMA. 1892;XIX(4):106-108. doi:10.1001/jama.1892.02420040018001f