About JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery
John S. Rhee, MD, MPH
JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery (formerly Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery) is an international peer-reviewed journal that focuses on advances in reconstructive and aesthetic procedures to improve patients' quality of life, and encourages a deeper understanding of the basic sciences related to facial development and wound healing. JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery is the official publication for the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Inc, the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery, and the International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies. JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery is a member of The JAMA Network family of journals, which includes JAMA and 11 specialty journals.
Journal Frequency and Access. JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery is published weekly online, every Thursday, and in 6 print/online issues a year. Without any author fees, all research articles are made free access online 12 months after publication on the JAMA website. All articles are made free access on an html app called The JAMA Network Reader on the day of publication. In addition, the online version is freely available or nearly so to institutions in developing countries through the World Health Organization's HINARI program.
Editorial Information. The acceptance rate is 34%, with median time to first editorial decision in 1 day, or 26 days with review, and 36 days from receipt to acceptance (including time for author revision). All major articles are published online first. The journal's Impact Factor is 1.74, one of the highest in the disciplines of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. Additional information on the types of articles published and editorial policies is available in the journal's Instructions for Authors.
Editorial Team. The Editor is John S. Rhee, MD, MPH, John C. Koss Professor and Chairman, Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee. For a complete listing of the journal's Editors and Editorial Board, see link to Editors and Publishers below.
Mission Statement: JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery is a multispecialty journal whose key mission is to provide facial plastic surgeons the most accurate and innovative information available to enhance their patients' quality of life. JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery will strive to
- Promote the art and science of facial plastic surgery by publishing significant peer-reviewed articles on all aspects of reconstructive and cosmetic surgery of the head and neck
- Promote the education and contributions of physicians worldwide
- Provide a forum to present important and relevant issues in ethics and public policy
JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery
ISSN 2168-6076 (Print)
ISSN 2168-6092 (Online)
Back to top
Why Publish in JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery?
JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery (formerly Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery) publishes innovative, clinically relevant research on advances in reconstructive and aesthetic procedures to improve patients’ quality of life.
Prompt Decisions and Rapid Publication Timelines
Every submission to JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery undergoes prompt, rigorous review by our experienced editors.
- Highly selective peer review and editorial evaluation of research manuscripts, with 34% acceptance rate
- Median time to first decision: 1 day; with review, 26 days
- Median time from receipt to acceptance (including time for author revision): 37 days; and 77 days for acceptance to publication
- Online First publication of all research articles
Impact and Reach
- Impact Factor of 1.74, one of the highest in the disciplines of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
- 7,500 facial plastic surgeons reached each week
- More than 250,000 annual visits to the JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery website; with more than 500,000 article views and downloads
- 33 million annual online visits to The JAMA Network
- Extensive press coverage, with 1370 mentions in media outlets such as Los Angeles Times, Reuters, Boston Globe, and Philadelphia Inquirer
- International authors: 40% of submissions come from outside the United States
- Broad reach through author audio interviews, email alerts, Twitter, Facebook, and Topic Collections
- 125,000 registered users of The JAMA Network Reader, a web app that integrates content across the entire JAMA Network of journals and is accessible from any device
JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery offers unparalleled reach and an author-friendly approach, from manuscript submission through publication.
- Highest standards followed to improve your accepted manuscript’s accuracy, reliability, and readability for both print and online publication
- CME credit available for lead authors who publish in JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery
- Opportunity for your work to be augmented with video and audio
- Free access: all Original Investigations are freely available on the day of publication on The JAMA Network Reader and 12 months after publication on the journal's website.
- No author fees: no submission, page, color, or publication charges
- Online extras: ability to post supplemental content online and download your article's tables and figures as PowerPoint slides
- The JAMA Network advantage: authors of papers not accepted by JAMA may have their papers automatically referred to JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery
For more information, see JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery Instructions for Authors. Submit your manuscript at http://manuscripts.jamafacial.com.
Back to top
Updated October 2016