This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
United States Army Dedicates New Hospital.
—Army officials announce the dedication of Tripler General Hospital, latest and finest addition to the medical facilities of the United States Army, at a formal ceremony held at the hospital on Moanalua Ridge, Honolulu, Hawaii, on Sept. 10, 1948.The dedication day program, to which the public was invited, included an "open house" tour of the 1,500 bed structure. The ceremony was held in the hospital's flagpole area, which commands a sweeping view of Honolulu's ocean front from Diamond Head to Pearl Harbor and beyond. Here prominent civil and military officials gathered, with representatives of Hawaii's business and community life, formally to dedicate the hospital, structure, which will afford vitally needed military facilities for adequate care of sick and convalescent patients under treatment in the Middle Pacific areas.This Army hospital, which is capable of expansion in a critical emergency, normally will
News and Comment. Arch Intern Med (Chic). 1948;82(6):623-624. doi:10.1001/archinte.1948.00220290107008