This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
Army Institute of Pathology and American Registry of Pathology.
—What is now known as the Army Institute of Pathology was established in 1863 as the Army Medical Museum. During World War II the activities of the Institute were greatly expanded, especially in the field of diagnostic pathology and research. There are now on file over 170,000 accessions. The results of research at the Institute during the past few years will be published in a volume of about fourteen hundred pages as a part of the official history of World War II. The present director is Col. J. Ash, who will be succeeded on October 1 by Col. Raymond O. Dart.On request of Major General Norman T. Kirk, the Surgeon General of the Army, the Committee on Pathology of the National Research Council, Division of Medical Sciences, in late 1945 prepared a report on the future development of
Benedict WL. News and Notes. Arch Ophthalmol. 1946;36(6):762-767. doi:10.1001/archopht.1946.00890210775009