[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
July 1947

EFFECT OF GRENZ RAYS ON LEPROUS INFILTRATIONSIII. Response of Lesions of the Anterior Portions of the Eyeball

Author Affiliations

JERUSALEM, PALESTINE
From the Department of Dermatology (Dr. A. Dostrovsky, Director) and the Department of Ophthalmology (Prof. A. Feigenbaum, Director) of the Rothschild-Hadassah University Hospital.

Arch Ophthalmol. 1947;38(1):78-88. doi:10.1001/archopht.1947.00900010081005
Abstract

INVOLVEMENT of the eye is one of the most serious complications of leprosy. Opinions differ as to the frequency of occurrence of such involvement. Rogers and Muir1 found involvement of the eye in 5 to 10 per cent of their patients with lepromatous leprosy. De Silva,2 as well as Neve,3 stated that the percentage for this complication was 20 to 25. Chance,4 in Norway, found ocular involvement in 90 per cent of patients who had lepromatous leprosy and in 75 per cent of patients who had the neural type of leprosy. Borthen5 reported involvement of the eye in 91.92 per cent of women who had the tuberculous and neural types of leprosy and in 98.33 per cent of men who had these forms of leprosy. Duke-Elder,6 citing data given by various authors, pointed out that ocular involvement is likely to occur at any time

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×