[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
May 1965

TOPICAL TIGERS

Author Affiliations

150 East Broad St Columbus, Ohio 43215

Arch Ophthalmol. 1965;73(5):758. doi:10.1001/archopht.1965.00970030760027

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

To the Editor:  From the editorial in the February Archives, one would gather that all tiger tails do not extend from gasoline tanks. Dr. Allen's point is well taken, but his method of avoidance leaves much to be desired. Unless one is working in an "ivory tower" or for the government, judicious smears, scrapings, and cultures cannot be the first line of attack because of the extreme expense. All good ophthalmic clinicians should effectively treat over 99% of the external diseases they encounter without such tests. The remaining less than 1% should have all medication stopped while an attempt is made to determine the exact etiological agent. In our experience with this method, we have avoided these topical tigers.The Correspondence Section welcomes inquiries and comments of a general or specific nature. The Editors may try to answer some of the questions, but more valuable will be the answers volunteered

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×