This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
In honor of the late Dr. Walter Hughson, who for ten years served as director of the otological research laboratories of Abington Memorial Hospital, Abington, Pa., and as associate professor of otology in the University of Pennsylvania, a bronze plaque has been dedicated and established at Deshon General Hospital, Butler, Pa., it was announced today by Colonel C. J. Gentzkow, M. C., commanding officer.
Simple ceremonies were held at Deshon on October 17. Speakers were Colonel Norton Canfield, M. C., chief of otolaryngology and aural rehabilitation in the Surgeon General's Office, who as a personal friend of Dr. Hughson paid tribute to his contributions to knowledge in his chosen field; Colonel Gentzkow, who gave the history of the plaque, and Major Edward H. Truex, M. C., chief of the aural rehabilitation service at Deshon, who gave a brief summary of Dr. Hughson's distinguished career and of his connection with Deshon
A PLAQUE HONORING DR. HUGHSON. Arch Otolaryngol. 1945;42(5):443. doi:10.1001/archotol.1945.00680040563022