This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
The Premier Congress General de l'Enfant, or the First General Congress on Child Welfare, will be held at Geneva, Switzerland, from Aug. 24 to 28, 1925. This will be divided into three sections.
Section 1. Hygiene and Medicine, in which five topics will be discussed.
1. The comparison of measures taken in different countries, which have as their object the reduction of prenatal, neonatal and infant mortality.
2. Nourishment of (a) infants; (b) children of preschool age; (c) children of school age.
3. Heliotherapy applied to children.
4. Prevention of illness in children.
5. Unification of statistics of prenatal, neonatal and infant mortality.
Section 2. Assistance and prevention.
1. Protection of the mother.
2. Comparison of measures taken in different countries for the assistance of orphans and abandoned children.
3. Protection of children during the transition period.
4. The situation of foreign children in their country of residence.
CHILD WELFARE CONGRESS. Am J Dis Child. 1925;29(4):523. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1925.04120280095012