This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
This is a companion volume to a previous publication, "The Conference on European B. C. G. Programmes." It is a report of the progress made during the 12 months from July 1, 1949, to June 30, 1950, on the mass BCG vaccination program now being conducted on an international scale under the auspices of the Joint Enterprise. The organizational set-up of the Joint Enterprise under the International Tuberculosis Campaign (ITC) is reviewed, and detailed explanations are presented of many of the more important phases of the work. Thus methods of construction of a laboratory for the production of BCG are described, and copies of the literature used for collecting statistical data are reproduced. Expenditures to date are listed, and the number of units of tuberculin, BCG syringes, and other material supplied to the various countries are given. Specially constructed refrigerator containers for transport of BCG vaccine are described. These were
The International Tuberculosis Campaign, July 1, 1949—June 30, 1950.. AMA Am J Dis Child. 1953;86(5):702-703. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1953.02050080715013