[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
October 1967


Author Affiliations

Rochester, NY

Am J Dis Child. 1967;114(4):450. doi:10.1001/archpedi.1967.02090250148019

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.


To the Editor.—I recently reviewed some data on antibiotics including our paper "Beta-Hemolytic Streptococcal Illness: Comparison of Lincomycin, Ampicillin, and Potassium Penicillin G in Treatment" the July 1966 issue of the Journal. Much to my distress I found an obvious error in Table 6, page 24, in that the total of "Cures" and "Total Failures" do not add up to 100% for either the individual drugs or the totals.

On rechecking the original basic tables I found that they were made up on the basis of a total of two months follow-up, but they had been shortened in the final paper to a total of one month without correcting the "cure" line. Thus the "cure" follow up, the "total failure" percentages to a one month follow-up.

To be correct, the percentages of "cure" within three weeks of the conclusion of therapy should therefore be: lincomycin 88.0%, ampicillin 82.2% and

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview