Student assistant Charles H. Best, left, and Sir Frederick G. Banting, right, are standing on the roof of the medical building at the University of Toronto with one of the diabetic dogs used in their experiments with insulin, circa 1921. Publication note: Friedland ML. The University of Toronto: A History. Toronto, ON: University of Toronto Press; 2002:287.
Frederick G. Banting and Charles H. Best, University of Toronto, 1921, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011;165(3):191. doi:10.1001/archpediatrics.2011.3