THE BAYLOR College of Medicine was first organized in Dallas, Tex, in 1900 as the University of Dallas Medical Department. In 1903, it entered into an affiliation with Baylor University in Waco, Tex, and was renamed Baylor University College of Medicine. In 1943, the College moved to Houston, where it conducted classes in a vacated Sears, Roebuck and Co warehouse for 4 years before moving to its present site, The Roy and Lillie Cullen Building in the Texas Medical Center (Figure 1, A).
Brunicardi FC. Residency Program at Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine. Arch Surg. 2003;138(6):582-584. doi:10.1001/archsurg.138.6.582