February 1948


Author Affiliations

From the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and the Department of Radiology, University of Nebraska College of Medicine.

Arch Surg. 1948;56(2):172-177. doi:10.1001/archsurg.1948.01240010177007

THE DEPARTMENT of obstetrics and gynecology of the University of Nebraska Hospital was organized in 1931. Since that date, 72 patients with carcinoma of the fundus uteri have been admitted to the service for study and therapy.

Inasmuch as the university hospital is available only to those who are indigent, many of the patients were in the advanced stage of the disease process. Many were from areas which are some distance from the hospital. Follow-up therapy has been difficult in many instances because of the distance of travel involved and the expense of transportation.

The method of therapy for each particular case has been varied or modified in relation to the general condition of the patient, the extent of the disease process and the type of radiotherapy available.

The program of treatment of cancer of the body of the uterus with radium and high voltage roentgen irradiation in the Department of Radiology

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview