[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 34.236.145.124. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Other
May 1921

News and Comment

Arch NeurPsych. 1921;5(5):588. doi:10.1001/archneurpsyc.1921.02180290099006

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

CENTENARY OF BLOOMINGDALE HOSPITAL  The hundredth anniversary of the opening of the Bloomingdale Hospital will be celebrated on May 26. The exercises will include addresses by Dr. Pierre Janet of Paris, Dr. Richard G. Rows of London, Dr. Lewellys F. Barker and Dr. Adolph Meyer, Baltimore. The hospital is the department of nervous and mental diseases of the New York Hospital which, since it was opened in 1792, has made provision for the treatment of persons suffering from mental disorders. As early as 1808 a separate building was provided for these patients at the general hospital at Duane Street and Broadway, New York. In 1821, the department was removed from the city to a point on the Bloomingdale Road which is now the location of the library of Columbia University, and was given its present distinctive name. Since 1894, it has been located at White Plains.

×