This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.
New Medical Building for State University.—
The new building of the University of Arkansas School of Medicine was opened for classes October 1. Built with a loan and grant of $500,000 from the Public Works Administration, the new structure, accommodating 300 students, is five stories high with a sixth story, suggesting a penthouse, in the center. It is of modern American architecture with an exterior of buff-colored face brick and limestone trim. The main entrance is of Batesville limestone. Each department has been allotted space on the first floor. The second floor is occupied by the dean's office, general offices, library, cafeteria and lecture room. The pathology and bacteriology departments occupy the third floor with laboratories for each, museum for pathologic specimens, laboratory for student technicians and an assembly room. The fourth floor is divided between the physiology and chemistry departments. The fifth floor is given over to the
Medical News. JAMA. 1935;105(21):1689–1693. doi:10.1001/jama.1935.02760470043019