[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
July 30, 1910

THE WORK OF NEW YORK'S TUBERCULOSIS CLINICSA Critical Study of Its Own Work Made for the Association of Tuberculosis Clinics

JAMA. 1910;55(5):415-416. doi:10.1001/jama.1910.04330050053019
Abstract

Prior to 1908, New York City had a number of tuberculosis clinics, either separate or connected with other dispensaries and clinics supported by the city, each of which had a different equipment and a different plan of handling and treating patients. In January of that year the Association of Tuberculosis Clinics was formed to coordinate the work of the nine tuberculosis clinics then existing, to increase the number of clinics, and to limit the overlapping and duplication in work which had previously been common, and also to establish uniformity as nearly as possible in methods of examination, records, clinic rules, etc. The result of the study of this association of the New York clinics is embodied in a 90-page pamphlet* by Miss F. Elizabeth Crowell, the executive secretary, setting forth in some detail the work of the clinics, and making recommendations for improvement and uniformity in the service. The information

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×