[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 34.239.167.74. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
October 25, 1913

Medical News

JAMA. 1913;61(17):1545-1550. doi:10.1001/jama.1913.04350180045017

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA 

New Officers.  —Washington Obstetrical and Gynecological Society, October 10: president, Dr. J. F. Moran; secretary, Dr. Truman Abbe.

Hospital Building Dedicated.  —The Woman's Missionary Society of the Methodist Episcopal Church, in session in Washington, October 19, dedicated Robinson Hall, a structure erected at a cost of $150,000, and dedicated by the society to Sibley Hospital.

Physician Invents Aeroplane.  —Dr. Henry L. E. Johnson, Washington, has obtained a patent on a constructive principle of an inverted arch for an aeroplane, which is designed to add to the safety of the machine particularly in descent, and to lower the center of gravity.

Woman's Clinic Opened.  —A woman's clinic with the object of preventing as well as curing disease, has been opened at 716 Thirteenth Street, Washington. The clinic is open from 5 to 7 p. m., and two days in the week are devoted to children. The chairman of

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×