[Skip to Navigation]
Article
November 7, 1925

BERLIN

JAMA. 1925;85(19):1501-1502. doi:10.1001/jama.1925.02670190061027

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

A Department for Industrial Diseases  Through the action of the Prussian minister of commerce and industry, a department for industrial diseases has been established in the Empress Augusta Victoria Hospital in Berlin. The location of the hospital in the eastern section of the city, in the vicinity of numerous manufacturing establishments, makes it an excellent vantage point for the treatment of industrial injuries. Although Italy, two years before the war, established in Milan the clinic for occupational diseases, under the direction of Professor Devoto, and also soviet Russia has founded richly endowed institutes for the investigation of the relations between industrial work and disease in workmen, Germany has had until now no similar institution. Since July 1, 1925, compulsory medical notification of important industrial diseases, such as lead poisoning, glassmakers' cataract, benzene and anilin poisoning, has been in force. In order that the medical profession may become more familiar with

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×