[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
February 22, 1941

Medical News

JAMA. 1941;116(8):773-775. doi:10.1001/jama.1941.02820080113017

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

ALABAMA 

New Infantile Paralysis Center at Tuskegee.—  A new Infantile Paralysis Center at Tuskegee Institute, Tuskegee, was dedicated on January 15 with special ceremonies in the institute chapel. The center, which adjoins the John A. Andrew Memorial Hospital, was financed by a grant of $161,350 from the National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis. The basement floor of the three story building includes a gymnasium, equipment for massage, whirlpool, arm and leg baths, and electrotherapeutic machines of the latest type. A separate room contains a stainless steel Hubbard treatment tank especially for small children. The treatment pool is 25 by 30 feet, with a capacity of more than 20,000 gallons and maintained at a temperature of 92 F. The first floor includes a sound proof lobby, business office, office and treatment room for the chief surgeon, a tiled plaster

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×