[Skip to Content]
Access to paid content on this site is currently suspended due to excessive activity being detected from your IP address 34.238.190.122. Please contact the publisher to request reinstatement.
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
September 4, 1943

MEDICINE AND THE WAR

JAMA. 1943;123(1):39-42. doi:10.1001/jama.1943.02840360041014

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

ARMY 

DEDICATION OF THE ASHBURN GENERAL HOSPITAL  The U. S. Army Ashburn General Hospital at McKinney, Texas, was formally dedicated on August 12. Among other speakers on the program were Major Gen. Norman T. Kirk, Surgeon General of the Army; Major Gen. Richard Donovan, commanding general of the Eighth Service Command; Hon. J. H. Snapp, mayor of McKinney; Mr. Hansford Ray, president of the local chamber of commerce, and Hon. Sam Rayburn of Texas, speaker of the U. S. House of Representatives.The 1,530 bed hospital comprises 110 buildings which occupy a total of 270 acres of land and which are constructed in two parallel rows opening onto a common walkway. The buildings are of tile construction. The hospital was completed at a cost of more than $3,000,000.Col. James B. Anderson, M. C., is the commanding officer, and Col. Clifford A. Gray, M. C., the executive officer.

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×