[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Article
October 5, 1929

VIENNA

JAMA. 1929;93(14):1079-1080. doi:10.1001/jama.1929.02710140045021

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

Professor Noorden Called to Vienna by the Municipal Health Service  The municipal health service of Vienna has endeavored for many years not only to perfect the existing hospitals and charitable institutions, with regard to equipment and organization, but also to place the latest achievements of medicine at the disposal of the people. During the past ten years, the municipality of Vienna has created a considerable number of aid stations for the tuberculous. A separate department for children and juveniles with venereal disease has been established. Three children's hospitals have been taken over from private corporations that were financially too weak to manage them, and have been placed under municipal control, after being equipped in the most modern manner. Two recent important improvements are the outgrowth of recommendations made by the public health service. The municipality has erected a pavilion, with 350 beds, for the study and treatment of persons who

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×