[Skip to Content]
[Skip to Content Landing]
Other Articles
May 14, 1938

Government Services

JAMA. 1938;110(20):1681. doi:10.1001/jama.1938.02790200049019

This article is only available in the PDF format. Download the PDF to view the article, as well as its associated figures and tables.

Abstract

New Station Hospital at Fort Sam Houston  A new seven story station hospital for the Eighth Corps Area, U. S. Army, was opened at Fort Sam Houston, Texas, in February. The building is of modified Spanish design and has a capacity of 418 beds. On the first floor are the executive and administrative offices, the medical library, the staff conference and board rooms, the kitchen and dining rooms; in the wings are the urologic ward, the outpatient service, the eye, ear, nose and throat clinic, the dental clinic and the pharmacy. The officers' and women's wards, the laboratories and the offices of the chiefs of medical and surgical services are on the second floor. The third and fourth floors are mainly surgical, with the air-conditioned operating section in the rear wing of the third; the rear wing of the fourth is occupied by the x-ray department, equipped for long and

First Page Preview View Large
First page PDF preview
First page PDF preview
×